Orthopedics Community
tennis elbow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

tennis elbow

I had surgery for tennis elbow and golfers elbow with the ulnar nerve being moved as well. I am 41/2 months post op have done all my PT, and have been released back to work with no restrictions. I have a few questions. My last visit to the orthopedic I had a shot of cortizone in my shoulder for pain, this has pain has been going on since the beginning of the other injuries. It helped for about a week but now I am in so much pain again, eating ibuprofen day and night. it starts at the shoulder and runs to the elbow. I feel like I have tennis elbow and golfers elbow all over again.My third finger is swollen but no numbness. It hurts to lift a coffee cup again, to drive ect. This is my dominant hand. When I called the Doctor two weeks ago the nurse said the corizone needed time to work it's been almost 4 weeks since the shot. after 4days it felt like it had kicked in, but I have a very physical job and it didn't seem to last long. How long between shots do you have to wait? can tennis elbow come back that soon? could this be something else? thanks Jilly