Orthopedics Community
thumb stress?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

thumb stress?

"At the base of my thumb where it meets the palm (in the "web", not by the wrist), I have pain.  If I try to put pressure on the area it is really painful.  I know it is graphic, but imagine pushing down your pants, we tend to put our thumbs inside the pants for leverage and the rest of the fingers on the outside when pushing them down.  OUCH!  I feel something in the web area, it seems like a swollen vein or tendon and is movable.  Of course when I press on it, it hurts"
I noticed this person had the exact pain in the same place as me. Mine also has ache up the thumb to the forearm to almost the elbow. What's the answer? It doesn't always hurt, just in that certain position. I have been doing some heavy-duty gardening in hard soil. Is it possible it is just trauma? What's the remedy?
Tags: thumb, stress, Pain
Avatar dr m tn
hi buddy,
it's really tough to tell precisely at his moment as what is it. However you can get an x-ray done, and either post it here so that we can see it, or show it you your family doctor. If the x-ray is fine and no soft tissue swelling, then we can label it as tendon problem only. However, of there is some gross problem, we can deduce it from the x-ray.
regards