Orthopedics Community
tib fib fracture
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tib fib fracture

Hello, My name is Gina. I am 29. On september 26 of 2008 I fractured my tib fib it was a compound fracture. That was 10 months ago. I have had 3 surgeries, the first I had a rod and screws put in, second the screws were romoved. Then we had alot of trouble getting it to heal, so 6 months later my dr decided to rebreak it remove the rod replace it with a screw put bone marrow in. This was in march, everything seemed to be going well, infact he told me it was healed last month. A few days ago I was experiancing extrem pain and swelling that was not going away, I went to the ER they admitted me for possible osteomyelitis, they released me the next day. I am wondering if maybe I could have cracked the plate that was put in or maybe my body is rejecting the hardware. We are still waiting on the blood cultures, but I am so frustrated this has taken a year away from my life and I am ready to live again! I will be going back to my orthopedic surgeon monday, but I just thought I would give this a shot.
                                                 Thanks,Gina