tibia and fib pain
About 4 years ago I broke both my tib and fib. I had a rod put into my fib along with 2 screws on the bottom and 1 on top. In November of 2007 I had the screws taken out. Here is my problem. Pain ,Pain , Pain. 4 years and no better> My doctor told me that the bone has healed well, as long as a second ortho, who said the same thing. Why such excruiating pain??? Firstly I have a vice-like pain after walking short distances, it is painful to the point that I come close to vomiting. Yet I have healed well? Secondly when I breathe hard or cough I have a sharp pain that lasts seconds but makes me wince everytime it happens daily or more. It shoots up from my ankle to about my knee. Can't walk for more than a few blocks without a painful limp. Yet I have been told that I have healed well by 2 Dr's. Has anyone else had such a long occurence of pain after a break like this. Please someone respond. I wish I had never bought a quad I hit a rock with my foot and watched my bottom of my foot swing around twice before it was caught between the quad and a rock. Hell ever since..... If your a doc or have some advice please respond . Rob from Ct.
also I should mention yhe pain is all impact related. Thats why I can ride a bike without pain but walking well thats another story
Hi Rob - Great - I can't wait to hear from a dr that "everything looks fine" when the shooting pain from the ankle to the knee tells me it's not. The pain level varies but most of the time it's a 10. My right tibial plateau was fractured 9-4-2004. After the external fixator was removed, a plate & 2 screws were put on (into?) my knee. I thought everything was par for the course with recovery and the usual warning from the doc about arthritis developing, until this past week when I started experiencing the pain described above and other painful sensations emanating from my ankle. The trigger is not (yet?) impact related, just simple movements provoke it - whatever "it" is. Sorry I don't have any advice but if you find out anything, please post it here and I will do the same. (It's nice to know I'm not alone - or nuts.)