tibialis anterior
i recently got hit directly in my shin muscle and in the direct spot of the tibialis i have developed a knot and the spot is near the top of the muscle almost touching the bone of my knee. the normal pain from lifting my foot up is present but i ust wanted to know what i should do to heal the knot because i have researched and have only found injuries regarding shin splints and tendon problems
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the knot and without a diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest a management plan. Possibilities that may need to be ruled out include fractures, dislocations, haematoma formation, muscle/ ligament/ tendon injuries etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis. Meanwhile I would suggest resting the leg. OTC NASIDS may be used for pain relief while vitamin C supplements may help in faster healing.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!