Orthopedics Community
tibialis anterior

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

tibialis anterior

i recently got hit directly in my shin muscle and in the direct spot of the tibialis i have developed a knot and the spot is near the top of the muscle almost touching the bone of my knee. the normal pain from lifting my foot up is present but i ust wanted to know what i should do to heal the knot because i have researched and have only found injuries regarding shin splints and tendon problems
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the knot and without a diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest a management plan. Possibilities that may need to be ruled out include fractures, dislocations, haematoma formation, muscle/ ligament/ tendon injuries etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis. Meanwhile I would suggest resting the leg. OTC NASIDS may be used for pain relief while vitamin C supplements may help in faster healing.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!