Orthopedics Community
top foot pain and swelling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

top foot pain and swelling

I have a spongy swelling on the top of my left foot. It cover from the base of my great toe and the next toe and extends
upward about halfway to ankle. It took 3 surgeries on my great toe before and adequate fusion -had hallux rigidis. The spongy swelling was there before the sugeries but gave no problem and MD never said anything about it. It has been 11/2 yrs since dthe last surgery. Over the last several weeks the swollen area has become very painful when I walk. the pain feels like it is deep. Just touching the swelling doesn't hurt but any pressure applied causes pain across my foot-in fact the area at base of toes on top of foot is very tender.   Any suggestions as to what is going on would be appreiated