Orthopedics Community
total left knee replacement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

total left knee replacement

I had a total left knee replacement 2 1/2 months ago. For the last 3 wks my knee is sswollen, warm to touch, is swelled down into my ankle and hurts constantly. If my puppy lays against the outside of my thigh,its excruciating pain all the way down. Even behind the knee is swollen and warm to the touch. The pain is also down my shin bone. Is there a possibility of a blood clot this long after surgery? Even my calf hurts. I don't get Any Sleep and even my toes hurt to move them. What should I do? My surgeon is out of state and quite a drive. I thought about going to the E.R. but I'm sure they wouldn't do anything. I'm on morphine for severe back injury but it doesn't touch the leg pain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! All I do is cry because the pain is so intense.
Have you called the doctor's office? What do they say, other than the doctor is out of town. There's got to be someone on call. Doctors don't just leave town without knowing their patients are covered.

Why do you think the ER won't do anything? This has nothing to do with your back or chronic pain condition. This is a problem with the knee, that had surgery 3 months ago (or whatever).

They're not going to treat it with pain medicine -- they're going to find out what's wrong and treat that.

Get some care, pronto.
I agree get care a.s.a.p. I am 6 weeks post op tkr.Pain below  knee  with swelling ,flex is good but extention still not at 0 degrees,some sleepless nights. Look,you need to go toE.R. period before infection sets up.And  anyone wishing to have like motivation  talks on progress ,please email me:***@****...,I know it will help keep depression at bay. Be blessed.