Orthopedics Community
tuburculor lymphadenitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

tuburculor lymphadenitis

I have been undergoing ATT for last 1 year and still the node at neck of Tuburculor Lymphadenitis is visible. I have been taking PYZINAMIDE, ISONAIZIAD, RIFAMPICIN,  ETHAMBUTOL....
why is that despite 1 year of continuous treatment TB is not healing completely? Has the TB turned into drug resistant TB? What should I do? what side effects it might  have on my body? I have also been taking B- Complex regularly...
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You have to check after the 4 drug therapy after 1st month if your sputum is positive. Till you are negative with the Tuberculosis bacteria you have to take 4 drugs, then you shift to 2 drug.

If you are from India we would advice you to go to the DOTS centre where under the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme they will assess your case perfectly.
Truly speaking you should not continue the 4 drug for one year, this gives rise to resistance to drugs and you would need Streptomycin injections.

Before all of that you can go for a fresh FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology) and latest sputum examination. Eat healthy, protein food, stay in a hygienic place.
Get tested once for HIV/AIDS( only if you have resistance Tuberculosis).

The actual wound might have healed and there might be a node which is regressing so you need FNAC etc now.

Try to reassess the case perfectly and you will be fine. Take care!
SIR, initiallyfrom 15th july 2008, I took 4 drug therapy for 2and half months and then started getting only R cinex 450. Then from may after 9 months of treatment, I was administered R-cinex 600. and from 1st july 09 , i ve been taking MONTO-4 + OFFLOXACIN-400; The 2nd node which was visible from mid june has subsided a lot now. Is the TB healing and m I on right course of drugs? My last test was TB-g on 30th june... please guide me further.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Dear Amit,

That is the reason we advised you that you have to follow the national Indian guidelines (If you are in India) as in DOTS therapy followed by Revised National Tuberculosis control programme.
You need to take 2 months four drugs, and 1 month extra if you are still positive with the bacteria and finally followed by 4 months of two drugs (Rifamipicin and Isoniazid).

But as you are healing, it is good that you did not develop and resistant tuberculosis with your medication. So continue the medication and with any further problem contact a chest specialist who treats in RNTCP schedule. Take care!