Orthopedics Community
ulnar nerve entrapment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

ulnar nerve entrapment

Has anyone ever had ulnar nerve entrapment (constant total numbness in pinky and ring finger, also that same edge of the hand numb. Stiff clumbsy slightly weak fingers and hand. Has anyone had this entrapment get better on its own with the proper conservative treatment and anti inflamms meds? If so how long did it take? Ive waited for 4 months now and no improvement. I don't want the surgery if at all possible for many reasons and only as a last resort. Everything Ive read about it says it almost certainly wont improve on its own but Id like to hear from someone there experience
Tags: orthopedic, numbness, Pain, treatment, get better
It is something that can be definitively fixed through a submuscular-anterior ulnar nerve transposition.
i had the surgery on both elbows made me worse expecially my left it always have pain and now numb to the touch
I am in the same boat.  After reading many of these posts, I am considering waiting another 6 months.  My numbness began in September 2007.
I had the surgery in 2004 and now every 2-3 months I have severe pain in my arm it is close to being so severe, that I barely function, and lasts2-4 days.  I had numbness for about 2 years after the surgery of the under side of my forearm. I am about to make an appointment with another doctor for to get a second opinion, and maybe some help for the new situation. My husband on the other had had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and ulner surgery on one and he is doing great never had a bit of trouble since.
I had ulnar nerve release done in 2001. I have had very little sensation in my arm since. About a week ago I started having severe pain again plus numbness and tingling in the ring and pinky finger. I am worried that I will have to have this surgery all over again. It seems that it is intermittent right now, but getting worse on a daily basis. Has anyone had to have this surgery redone after several years?

Thanks!
I had ulnar elbow release almost 1 1/2 yrs ago and I was told it would take up to 2 years for the nerves to heal.   I type all day long and the pain is some days almost impossible to deal with.  I had Atrophy in my hand and I basically felt as if I had no choice but to have the surgery.  I'm hoping it will get better one day but it does not seem to be the case. My job requires typing all day long.    I have severe pain down my ulnar nerve down to my wrist and numbness and weakness every day.
I heard there is not really much that can be done but to find another line of work.  In this economy that is almost impossible.  I've tried just about everything and nothing works but rest.   Andy suggestions would be helpful.
my mother has been having so much pain in her rihgt arm that she walks the floors and cries.she has lost all use of her righr arm,her little finger and ting finger are totally useless.she has share pains run down her arm into her fingers.the pain never quits.the doctor cant find an answer but she cant keep going on like this.the pain is just to much on her.please help me find an answer.thank you ,***@****
Has anyone tried low level laser therapy to help with the pain? I know it probably wont fix the problem, but it may help with the pain and inflammation. It apparently can fix carpel tunnel syndrome, so may have some benefit for our ulnar nerves at he elbow...

I feel for your mother also.I have broke my left hand back in 2009 and Dr.'s tell me, I have damaged my Ulnar Nerve also.
This pain has been here for over 1 1/2 yrs now and it is very bad at times to cope with.
I ask for Pain meds to get me through this pain. I also can't sleep at night and cry for the pain sometimes is bad.
After reading of all these ppl that have had the surg. and still no help and the 2 yr.....for the nerve to even get better if it does.wow!!!
I have worked for 37 years in a factory and the last 27 yrs in a machine shop running machines lefting and using my hands everyday.I haven't been back to work for over as I said 1 1/2 yrs as they won't let me come come back to work as I can't do my job no longer.:(...My Family Dr. will not let me work anywhere with my hand this way as I know I can't perform well in anything out there.It is my left hand that is bad and ,yes Im left handed also!!!
The more I use my hand, the worse it gets.....