Orthopedics Community
ulnar shortening osteotomy pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ulnar shortening osteotomy pain

I had a ulnar shortening osteotomy 18 months ago due to damage to cartalidge. I still have the plate in my arm. Recently my arm and wrist have been causing alot of pain. Where the osteotomy was carried out I can feel what feels like a gap and is so painfull. the bones took 6 months to unite. Could they have come apart again? I am a student and write with my right hand which is the arm I had the osteotomy on, and do tend to carry quite heavy things (mainly my 5 year old child) which doesn't help. Am at the end of my tether with this. The doctor discharged me 6 months ago despite the fact I told him it was painfull. Does the plate need to come out. Has anyone else had this problem?