Orthopedics Community
weak knees

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

weak knees

My weak knees have been an issue since November 2006. I have seen to 2 physical therapists, chiropractors, rheumatoid arthritic doctor, 3 orthopedic surgeons, …had a bone scan, x-ray of knees, muscle tests, more blood work for various diseases, a MRI of my lower back, etc... Throughout this entire process, I can say the condition hasn’t gotten worse…have had some good days where the weakness is very minimal. The knees never feel like they are going to collapse…just a weakness…no pain. I road my bike to work all summer long and it seemed to help lessen the condition. I can exercise (with weights) without any problems. So… as you can see.. it is a mystery to me. The only advise I had gotten was from an orthopedic surgeon that said my knee caps aren’t centered with my legs when knees are bent and this is what is causing my problem. He suggested that I have my knee tendons cut and the knees will center themselves. I saw 2 other doctors and they disagreed with his findings. When I put on Ace knee supports, the conditon virtually disappears, but...I don't want them to become a crutch. I don't know what else to do. The only other option that hasn't been done is an MRI of my knees. I am a male in my mid 40's and physically fit. I am really getting tired of this problem. Please help.
Avatar n tn
Kindly do relax . There is nothing to worry about.
Your knee weakness is what do you complain of.
It requires a proper clinical examination to comment upon this,
What were the x-ray reports, kindly post it.
You will have to use some form of support for your knees as it has been helping you.

If any information I come across which could be useful in your case, I would post it.