Orthopedics Community
week two of knee surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

week two of knee surgery

I dont know why but i get extrem pain in my lower leg. i just had folkerson ostadomy done to my left knee. at night when i lay down i prop it but the pain seems to get worse once i am relaxed. i still have my staples in but due to have them removed i get a burning feeling in my lower leg constant. i dont know if i should go in to see my ortho doc. b4 my apt. time. i am not aloud to open the bandages that are on it so i dont know what it looks like. i am worried that it could be infected. i was put on an antibiotic but still no improvement. please give me advice on what i should do.

This discussion is related to burning pain after knee surgery.
Hi there!

Well, some amount of pain/ discomfort is expected after a surgery. This occurs due to the associated inflammation and is likely to subside with time. if the pain is more than mild, you may consider a review with your treating orthopedician for a detailed evaluation to rule out secondary issues such as infections etc and for appropriate management. Meanwhile I would suggest resting the leg. Tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS may be helpful for pain relief.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!