Orthopedics Community
what can be my problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

what can be my problem

Years ago i fell and went to emergency room the diagnosis was knee sprain and damage to the ligaments and was told that I would always have problems with it.And over the years I've have had minor swelling and elevating and ice pack would work fine,but recently I went on a outing where I walked for a mile or so up and down big boulders and the next day my knee was very swollen, well after a week of elevating wrapped and ice packs the swelling went down,now its got to where it feels like my knee locks up I cant walk and I get this horrible pain that radiates from my foot to my back of my upper thigh and if I bend it its just fine no pain but if I try to lay my leg straight it wont do it and the pains horrible,and if I move my knee back and forth the pain goes away and then i can stand straight and walk.Does anyone know what is happening and how do i get it where i can walk normal without it acting up