Orthopedics Community
whats happening to me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

whats happening to me?

after having a total knee replacement 9 days ago, i developed a severe pain and tenderness( can't stand to hardly touch the skin it hurts so bad) in my calf. after contacting the doctor, i had a dvt doppler done and it came back negative for clots. can someone give me any idea as to what's going on with my calf. i can't even walk it hurts so bad.
Avatar dr m tn
Do not worry pain at the operation site will remain for 12 weeks. You take anti inflammatory drugs and do rigorous Physiotherapy. With severe pain give some rest but continue your therapy from the next day.
Remain motivated as Physiotherapy is the best hope to get back to road of recovery as soon as possible. Take care and avoid infections!