wrist cracking and soreness
I'm 27 and am a bit worried. Lately my right wrist has been giving me problems. Within the past year I've noticed that when I stretch/rotate my wrists, my right wrist cracks, somewhat similar to the cracking sound of knuckles. Furthermore, it's not just 1 crack, it's a series of about 3-5 small cracks. I never purposely cracked my wrist, it just did so on its own and my left wrist is fine (no cracking, no pain). When this first started, I was only a bit concerned, but now I am experiencing discomfort and pain/soreness in the outer wrist joint area. I even experience some heat/warmth in that area, although it doesn't appear swollen. I've never had a serious injury occur to that area, so I'm unsure of why this is occurring. I have, however, led a very active life and still do, so I can only assume that I was 'playing' too hard. Furthermore, I'm right handed, and my job requires the use of my hands, as I'm a mechanic. I try not to stretch/crack my wrist because I feel as though cracking it is only advancing the problem. I now wear a wrist brace b/c the pressure from the brace helps ease the soreness. I know I probably should see an orthopedic doctor before this gets any worse, the problem is that I don't have insurance. However, I will probably end up going to see one anyway, but I really hope it's not a lost cause, like the doc would tell me "well, i don't see anything on the X-rays". I wouldn't even know what to associate this problem with....the tendons, the bones, the muscles....because I am thinking I might need to start taking a supplement to strengthen my wrist and/or to keep it from getting worse. Any suggestions or ideas as to what is going on? Like I said, I wear the brace, but I don't want the brace to weaken my wrist muscles leading to further wrist susceptibility. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hello!

Well you have been very informative about this.
You would need an X-ray anyways to atl east rule out fracture.
After that you can have your time to fix up an appointment with an orthopedician whenever you are comfortable.
You are doing a good thing by wearing a brace, if you are in pain take intermittent anti inflammatory drugs till then.

Take care!
Thnx, I really appreciate the feedback.
I will set up an X-ray asap.
Again, Thnx for the response :)