wrist pain and hand swelling
I fell a few weeks ago and sprained my wrist.  I was having some problems with my wrist prior to this and had a cortisone injection before the fall. X-rays were negative for fracture. My wrist is still painful and I have decrease range of motion plus it pops and cracks a lot.  My wrist hand and fingers still swell up really bad especially in the morning.  I have tried ice, rest, ibuprofen.  Im on await and see approach from dr. currently.  Any suggestions on what could be causing so much swelling still.  And any input as to what might be going on.  Thank you so much for any thoughts!
Hello!

You should go for an X-ray on the present day (as you have sprained your wrist) to rule out any bony involvement.

If there is no fracture and no associated dislocation at the wrist joint you would need to rest in a plaster cast for 4 weeks for full recovery followed by physiotherapy.

Presently you can apply ice packs and take intermittent NSAIDs.

Take care!
Thanks for your reply.  Had x-ray last week and it was neg for fracture.  I have been using ice and NSAIDs but continue with pain and swelling.  I am wearing a brace also.  My pain is on the ulnar side and at times just throbs and aches.  sometimes I also have a burning pain.  I have very limited range of motion.

Any thoughts on what all this could be and what the next step would be?

Thanks again for your time!
I sent you a message.

achilles2