BioSil for Osteoporosis?
I am 81 and female and have never broken a bone. I do not have arthritis or joint problems and am, in fact, very flexible. Given that I don't have these problems, is it likely that I have osteoporosis? I have been taking BioSil (a bioavailable form of silicon) for many years, and I read recently that it serves to increase bone density and mass.  Is this true? Any information would be much appreciated.
Silica is essential to the proper absorption of calcium, and helps to make all hard tissue hard.  So while alone it probable won't cure anything, it is an essential nutrient for building and maintaining strong bones and cartilage. Also good for the skin and hair.  As to osteoporosis, only a bone density scan of your spine and hips, the big bones, can tell you that for sure.
Thanks. My doctor tested me for vitamins and minerals and I have a sufficiency of everything, including calcium and vitamin D. I probably will get around to doing a bone scan anyway.
Odds are no, but only a doctor can tell you for sure.  Research has been shown that their is truth in what you are saying.  Please keep in mind that in order for it to be effective their are minimum levels required to be maintained within the body.
What are your thoughts on strontium for osteoporosis?