Osteoporosis Community
BioSil for Osteoporosis?
About This Community:

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

BioSil for Osteoporosis?

I am 81 and female and have never broken a bone. I do not have arthritis or joint problems and am, in fact, very flexible. Given that I don't have these problems, is it likely that I have osteoporosis? I have been taking BioSil (a bioavailable form of silicon) for many years, and I read recently that it serves to increase bone density and mass.  Is this true? Any information would be much appreciated.
Blank
Silica is essential to the proper absorption of calcium, and helps to make all hard tissue hard.  So while alone it probable won't cure anything, it is an essential nutrient for building and maintaining strong bones and cartilage. Also good for the skin and hair.  As to osteoporosis, only a bone density scan of your spine and hips, the big bones, can tell you that for sure.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Silica is essential to the proper absorption of calcium, and helps to make all hard tissue hard.  So while alone it probable won't cure anything, it is an essential nutrient for building and maintaining strong bones and cartilage. Also good for the skin and hair.  As to osteoporosis, only a bone density scan of your spine and hips, the big bones, can tell you that for sure.
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
Thanks. My doctor tested me for vitamins and minerals and I have a sufficiency of everything, including calcium and vitamin D. I probably will get around to doing a bone scan anyway.
Blank
1396990_tn?1280432584
Odds are no, but only a doctor can tell you for sure.  Research has been shown that their is truth in what you are saying.  Please keep in mind that in order for it to be effective their are minimum levels required to be maintained within the body.
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
What are your thoughts on strontium for osteoporosis?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Osteoporosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...