Osteoporosis Community
Do i have Opstoporosis

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Do i have Opstoporosis

Hi All

Need some help. I have been suffereing leg/knee pain for a while now. Went to GP and got sent for an xray Got letter in this morning to contact my GP. I did so however my doctor was not in so spoke to locum who advised me the x ray shows sever hardening of the bones and my own doctor will contact me tomorrow to refer me to a bone specialist.

I have looked online but cant find an answer when i type in bone hardening all it comes up with is osteoporosis is this all it could be or do other conditions cause bone hardening i am only in my early twenties but i am underweight and have a bmi of 17.09.

Hi there!

Well, without the relevant clinical details it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Hard bones could refer osteopetrosis, osteosclerosis, flurosis etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by an orthopedician for a detailed evaluation. After a diagnosis is made, a management plan can be chalked out accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!