Osteoporosis Community
Evista for osteoporosis

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Evista for osteoporosis

Hi...I've just been prescribed Evista to treat my osteoporosis. Does anyone have any experience with this medication?

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Evista  or Raloxifene is an oral selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) that has estrogenic actions on bone and anti-estrogenic actions on the uterus and breast. It is used in the prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.  It is a prescription medicine for women after menopause to treat or prevent osteoporosis. You should take calcium and vitamin D along with EVISTA (raloxifene) if you do not get enough calcium and vitamin D in your diet. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
I didn't like the side effects....