High pth concernS
I am a 26 year old female with no underlying health problems.  My endo checked my pth levels after my vitamin d 1,25 results came back high at 89 a month before.  My obgyn ordered the 1,25 when I asked her to check my vitamin d...not sure why she ordered that lab instead of 25. I am 5'8.5 and 165 lbs.

Results may 15 2012
Pth intact 87
Serum ca 9.3 (9.3 in march 2011)
Ionized ca 1.24
Phosporus 2.9
Vitamin d (25) 40 (22 in march 2011)
Creatinine .6 (.7 in march 2011)
Bun  10 (16 in march 2011)
24 hour urine normal at 303 
Alkaline phosphatase 49 (43 in march 2011)
No stones that I know of
Negative for celiacs

Follow up on 7/30/12
Pth intact 94
Serum ca 9.1
Ionized ca 1.22
Phosphorus 3.1
Creatinine .7
Bun 16
Alkaline phosphatase 55
Still no stones
Vitamin d results not back yet....but I take 2,000 I u daily, fish oil daily and I am in the sun often without sunscreen for at least 15 min.   So I'm thinking it should be fine.

What is this looking like?  I'm concerned about this being the beginning of Kidney disease or failure even though my creatinine and bun are fine.  Oh and I don't drink alcohol and I'm not a recovering alcoholic. 
Is it normal for my ca to fluctuate like that in just 2 months?
What are the possible causes for my high pth. I have researched the heck out of ca homeostasis and I am stumped with my results. I take in enough ca etc in my diet as well.
Should I be concerned

Hi there!

This does not look like a renal issue. While most or the values are within the normal range parathormone levels are slightly elevated which is likely to be due to a secondary cause such as calcium deficiency/ absorption issue. I would suggest consulting an endocrinologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!