Aa
A
A
Close
Left thigh pain.
In 2005 at the age of 45 I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis of the spine and Osteopenia of both femurs.  My Doctor put me on Fosimax which I took weekly without any problems.  A few months ago I started experiencing pain in my right thigh, but didn't think much of it.  Recently I had a my biannual DEXA scan and it came back saying I had a BMI decrease of 3.9%  in the right femur and decrease of 7.0% in the left femur.  Now I'm wondering/worried if the pain in the left thigh is because of the decrease in BMI.  I know that extended Fosimax use could possible cause femur fractures...Should I be worried,  could the pain in my thigh be a warning sign that it might fracture?  After my recent scan, I  decided to stop taking  Fosimax.  I have made an apt. to see and Endocrinologist, since my Primary isn't taking my Osteoporosis seriously.  
Thanks, Carol  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hey Carol!

Well, it would be difficult to comment on what is causing the pain in the leg without a detailed clinic al evaluation. Aside decreased BMD and associated fractures, other causes such as vascular issues, neuro-muscular causes, injuries etc may also need to be looked into. It might be a good idea to get this evaluated by an orthopedician and an endocrinologist for an accurate diagnosis. After a cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
1711789_tn?1361311607
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Left thigh pain.
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Osteoporosis Community Resources