Osteoporosis Community
Low DHEAS ,all day tired and fatigue ,down

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

I am male 54 years,latest blood work shows low DHEAS, sleep specialist put me on depression medicine- Co Venlafaxin XR 37.5 mg, taking for 1.5 months, does this have any side effects, Nephrologist have started Candesartan cilexetil 8mg for haematuria and he have noticed some dysmorphic red blood cells in urine does this is a permanent medicine to continue,due to untreated obs sleep apnea doctor is hesitating for Testosterone replacement injections. what can be done to evaluate root cause of low DHEAS, there is some changes in ECHO and Carotid Ultra sound during 7-8 months. Pains allover body. What are advise please. already on synrhtoid 25 mcg, taking vit D 2000 iu daily.  May be some serious root cause is going on.
Hi there!

Low level of DHEA is often due to enzyme defects. Whatever the defect, management remains the same. There are a few side effects of venlafaxin, you could possible read about these online. Without knowing the relevant clinical details it would be difficult to comment on the duration of time the medicine would be required to be taken. It would be best to discuss this with your treating nephrologist. The ECHO and carotid abnormalities are unlikely to be directly related to the other disease processes. I would suggest consulting an internist for coordination with your management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!