Aa
A
A
Close
Nuclear Med. Uptake ????
I recently had nuclear med. full body scan. Results .... There was an uptake of nuclear medicine in shoulders bil, elbows bil., wrists bil, left side sternum/ribs, hips bil., knees bil, and ankles bil. Can someone please shed some light on results. Am I in PAIN? That is an understatement. Any and all information and input will be greatly appreciated. Also MRI shows huge osteophyte on 2/3 and 3/4 of cervical spine. There is a bulging disk @ T6/S1 (I thinks that was the area. Oh, and did I memtion... 2 fractures of right symphisis pubis. The pain feels like that a pregnant woman describes as baby moving towards the "big day." I am grateful that I have the pain I can feel. So many are unable to feel the pain they would have if  not they be paralyzed. Please don't takeme wrong. I am not on my "pity pot." Just like to have some answers.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Increased uptake on bone scan could signify a number of issues such as infections, inflammations, fractures, injuries, tumours/ growths, a few metabolic conditions etc. A detailed description with specific correlation with clinical features and other tests would be required to come to a conclusive diagnosis. It would be best to discuss the results in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
1711789 tn?1361311607
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Osteoporosis Community Resources