Nuclear Med. Uptake ????
I recently had nuclear med. full body scan. Results .... There was an uptake of nuclear medicine in shoulders bil, elbows bil., wrists bil, left side sternum/ribs, hips bil., knees bil, and ankles bil. Can someone please shed some light on results. Am I in PAIN? That is an understatement. Any and all information and input will be greatly appreciated. Also MRI shows huge osteophyte on 2/3 and 3/4 of cervical spine. There is a bulging disk @ T6/S1 (I thinks that was the area. Oh, and did I memtion... 2 fractures of right symphisis pubis. The pain feels like that a pregnant woman describes as baby moving towards the "big day." I am grateful that I have the pain I can feel. So many are unable to feel the pain they would have if  not they be paralyzed. Please don't takeme wrong. I am not on my "pity pot." Just like to have some answers.
Hi there!

Increased uptake on bone scan could signify a number of issues such as infections, inflammations, fractures, injuries, tumours/ growths, a few metabolic conditions etc. A detailed description with specific correlation with clinical features and other tests would be required to come to a conclusive diagnosis. It would be best to discuss the results in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!