Osteoporosis Community
Osteo vs Injury to Hip: Which came first
About This Community:

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Osteo vs Injury to Hip: Which came first

One year ago I fell at work on some ice. Fell on cox sic and R hip area. It felt like someone had driven a knife into my hip. On the injury report I reported hip and low back pain. An Xray was done and then a MRI on my lumbar sacrum area. Slight disk buldge and no impingement on nerves, some early signs of arthritis. I was still complaining  about hip pain but no one listened until a month ago. My symptoms were and still are: Pain in my right foot when I sit a certain way walk a certain way,  sit on toilet a certain way, sleep on my right side, back/stomach a  certain way.

OK now for the hip: Dull pain along with sharp pain depending on how I move. Pain in inner groin/hip area. Hip occasionally locks up on me when I stand up from a sitting position.

I just finally recieved the results from the MRI with Contrast a  year after the initial injury. I was also diagnosed two years ago with Hashimotos and I do have issues with arthritis although still trying to get a handle on it as I speak. Here is the report:

Indication: R hip pain, question labral tear.