Osteoperosis
I take alendronate for osteoperosis and have recently developed a dent on the outside lower part of my right leg leading to my ankle with pain
Alendronate causes reduction in bone loss, increases bone density and reduces the risk of spine, hip and other broken bones to a large extent in most of the people taking this drug. The few side effects of this medicine are nausea, heartburn; osteonecrosis of jaw bone .There have also been few reports of unusual fractures of the thigh bone in people taking bisphosphonate medicines. You definitely need to inform your doctor about this pain and get the cause detected. I hope it helps.
Take care and regards!
Don't know about the dent on your leg.  I got a dent on the side of my face a couple of years ago and was checked for Mysthenia Gravis (?sp)
I have Osteo but won't take Fosomax or Actonel.  My Endo doc put me on calcium and Vit D.