Osteoporosis at 37?
Hello, I wanted to ask if I could possibly have Osteoporosis at 37 years old? I always thought older adults developed it because of bone loss over years time. I dont really know very much about this condition,but
my mom and grand mothers both had Osteoporisis severely and could I have inherited it from them? I have had alot of pain in my neck and area below feels like a bump/hump or hard place and I am worried.It looks like my neck and back starting to curve. I have always took multivitamins and had plenty of calcium and vitamin D in my diet so I thought that would be a good preventative from getting Osteoporosis.Much needed advice would greatly be appreciated....Thanks everyone!
HI,
If you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle and also taking calcium and vitamin supplements, osteoporosis should not set in as early as 37 years of age. Regular exercise can also prevent and delay the onset of osteoporosis. Early osteoporosis can be as result of heredity or because of certain diseases. For the neck pain and the curvature of the back you should see an orthopaedic Doctor. X-rays and MRI will help determine abnormality if any. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Thanks for the info. and advice.Have a great day!
I don't know if this help any but I have had degenerative joint/disk disease for years and never knew it. Eventually got it diagnosed and treated. At that time, I was getting epidural shots to my spine, steroid injections for many years and then I get a report from my doctor stating I have osteoporosis at age 60. I found out it was from the steroid shot I had over many a year. At that time, that was the only treatment.
Now I am getting Botox injections for pain issues, take gabapentin for nerve pain and exercise by walking as much as I can but limited. First time I am walking in many a year.
NO MORE STEROID injections for me, they did me too much damage.
Getting better but still have a long way to go.