Osteoporosis Community
Osteoporosis in 21 year old
About This Community:

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Osteoporosis in 21 year old

My daughter is 21 and just had a bone density with a - 2.6 in her lumbar spine. Why would a 21 year old get osteoporosis?  My thoughts are that her Zonegran has caused metabolic acidosis which has caused secondary osteo ,or that she has celiac or gluten enteropathy , or multiple myeloma...I am gathering the necessary tests..Any other thoughts or suggested tests that you might have or natural tx...thanks
Related Discussions
Also check for nutritional deficiencies.  Someone on an anti-seizure med could have a magnesium deficiency, for example, just for one thing, and magnesium is essential not just for proper nervous system function but also bone density.  Does she have an eating disorder?  Bulemia and anorexia both can easily lead to osteoporosis.  How well does she absorb her nutrients (this is along the same lines as checking for ciliac)?  Lots of possibilities.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Osteoporosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...