Osteoporosis Community
Osteoporosis of the Knee
About This Community:

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Osteoporosis of the Knee

What are things you can do to help with this?  I got a cortisone shot yesterday. Since it is only in my knee, are there meds to take? vitamins? knee braces?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1613542_tn?1366472143
I take Black cherry extract for my arthritis. It is the best thing that I have found so far and healthier for you. I take 2 750 mg pill each night before bed. For the first week I took two three times a day to get them built up in my system. Also a brace or ace bandage helps when I am having a bad knee days to keep them a little more stable. Hope this info helps you. Have a blessed day.
Blank
Hello!

For osteoporosis you have to eat healthy and consider life style changes and also start taking supplements.

Follow up with an orthopedician and consider high protein diet, calcium supplementation, hormone replacement, vitamin D etc for your osteoporosis.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Osteoporosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank