Osteoporosis Community
Osteoporosis of the Knee

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Osteoporosis of the Knee

What are things you can do to help with this?  I got a cortisone shot yesterday. Since it is only in my knee, are there meds to take? vitamins? knee braces?
I take Black cherry extract for my arthritis. It is the best thing that I have found so far and healthier for you. I take 2 750 mg pill each night before bed. For the first week I took two three times a day to get them built up in my system. Also a brace or ace bandage helps when I am having a bad knee days to keep them a little more stable. Hope this info helps you. Have a blessed day.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

For osteoporosis you have to eat healthy and consider life style changes and also start taking supplements.

Follow up with an orthopedician and consider high protein diet, calcium supplementation, hormone replacement, vitamin D etc for your osteoporosis.

Take care!