Osteoporosis Community
Ranelate or Citrate
About This Community:

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ranelate or Citrate

There is evidence that strontium ranelate helps bebuild bone. However, strontium ranelate is not available in the US because it is not FDA approved. Nor is my doctor permitted to write a prescription so that I can obtain it from Canada. Strontium citrate is available here, but is its use for osteoporosis efficacious?
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Though citrate salts have not proven to be as effective, strontium citrate may be taken alternatively after discussion and written prescription by your doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Though citrate salts have not proven to be as effective, strontium citrate may be taken alternatively after discussion and written prescription by your doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
Thank you for your reply. Unless I can get up to Canada I guess strontium citrate will have to do. I can only wonder why the FDA does not approve ranelate. But then I also wonder why it does not approve l-carnosine eye drops which are used in Europe to clear up cataracts. I have used those drops and they work.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Osteoporosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...