Osteoporosis Community
Reclast use and RA

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Reclast use and RA

Tried taking fosamax but wasn't able to, had side effects. So now will try reclast once a year infusion. I am concerned I have one kidney and Ra, but was told my blood work showed all is ok to proceed. Has anyone had this procedure and anything I should know before I proceed? Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi there!

Though it is ok to use reclast with a single kidney and good renal function and RA, it is advised to keep a watch over renal function and other side effects. I would suggest discussing the side effect profile in detail with your treating doctor before proceeding with the treatment so that so that one can watch out/ consider regular testing for complications.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!