Osteoporosis Community
Will this cause any serious damage?

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Will this cause any serious damage?

I am an aspiring martial artist and need to strengthen my fists. I was told to punch everything form sand to bricks. Is this a bad idea? Will it cause any permanent damage?
Hi there!

Training in Martial Arts involves technique to practice. An amateur trying the same things without professional guidance would probably end up doing more harm than benefit. I would suggest an initial evaluation by a medical professional to check for bone density. If within the normal range you could undertake formal training with an experienced professional.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!