dairy or no dairy?
I've been reading that dairy products cause an acid reaction in the body which depletes calcium from the bone.  All my life I've been told to eat lots of dairy especially now that I have osteoporosis.  Any thoughts/ tips/ info would be very appreciated.
Hi there!

The theoretical assumptions made by random organizations that animal protein causes acidification of the body’s normal pH causing calcium loss from the bone are baseless. The body pH is more or less maintained under normal circumstances and is not related to bone absorption i.e. bone is not a major pH buffer system in the body as these people tend to believe. Bone absorption-resorption is related to hormonal/ endocrine, metabolic and nutritional status of an individual and dairy products are healthy and recommended for maintaining bone mass.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!