Osteoporosis Community
fosamax

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

fosamax

i recently found out i had osteoporosis.  they put me on fosamax.  it made my throat swell and i needed to belch and could not.  i paced the floor most of that night until   i got sick.  i had to get off that now i am on nose spray.  i dont know if this is side effects.  but in the evening and nights i have hard cramps and run fever.  this is every night.  i dont know what to do i am under treatment for severe depression, low thyroid, hi chlosterol.  lots more just want to know if this cou;d be causing my cramps.  thank you.  gloria789
Hi there!

Well, these could or could not be the side effects of fosamax; and could also be caused due to other medications that you are on or other primary conditions being treated for. I would suggest seeking a review with your treating doctor for a possible evaluation of the cause and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Hi there!

Hope this helps.

Take care!
I too just found out that I have osteoporosis. Do you have any pain? All of my joints hurt. I fractured my ankle and am now in a wheelchair. I'm 36 years old and also 34 weeks pregnant. I can't walk, my knees are so sore. Since I'm pregnant there isn't anything the doctors can do yet.How did you find out. I have been telling the doctors that I've been having pain for a couple of years and they just told me it was normal. I found out after I fractured my ankle and went to the er

my lower back hurts really bad if i stand or walk v ery long.  also the back of my neck and my wrists and my leg shins.  congratulations on having twins.  hope everything goes good for you.  have you had a bone density test yet.  it is simpe not painful or nothing you just lay on the table.  gloria789
my doctor put me on nose spray calcitinis_salmon I use this every day use a different side of the nose each time.  cant tell much different,  I quit taking Lipitor for my cholesterol I think that was making my kegs weak.  there was a warning in tv that this could cause diabetis in women and heart problems.  my brother in law said it was destroying is muscles and he was getting weak.  I am doing better.  not soo many fainting spells. I hope this works maybe when I get my next bone density test there will be a difference.  mandy876