Ostomy Community
Anyone had any kind of Ostomy through a bad birth?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Hi, Im new on here and in desperte need of some help.
On 25nov08 i was given an ileostomy, this all happened from having a very bad tear whilst giving birth may08, I really need to get in contact with someone who has been through the same thing, i had a tear from vagina through to my bowel, i had a rectrovaginal fistula and had to have an anteior anal repair because it was open from 9 o clock to 3 o clock. My bag is a temp messaure but i really need to speak to someone with the same problems as me, As you may know it is a horrible thing to be told your having and to have in the beginning and im coping with the bag but i feel so alone on top f all my first mum, antinatel emtions...
many thanks
rachael x
Tags: bad, birth