Aa
A
A
Close
Ballooning bag at high altitude
Have had ileostomy for over 30 years and live at sea level. Whenever I travel to see family who live at 8400 ft. I have a ballooning issue with my appliance. I use a Convetec product that has a vent/filter but it doesn't seem to work. Have tried GasX with minimal success. Any suggestions out there?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello 1stsister,
I have an ileostomy, too. I got mine earlier this year and I'm still learning what works, and doesn't work, for me. I also live at sea level (Central California Coast). Recently, my husband and I took a trip up to the Sequoia National Park. We were up at an elevation of 7800 feet and I, too, had issues with my bag ballooning up. I use a Coloplast product that has a charcoal filter, but it didn't seem to help, as I had to practically run to the restroom at least twice a night to let the air out. Interestingly enough, I only seemed to have an issue with my bag ballooning up at night. Sadly, I don't have a suggestion for you, but it's something I will definitely discuss with my Ostomy Nurse. Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources