Ostomy Community
Blood in Colostomy Bag
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in Colostomy Bag

Is it normal for there to be bleeding into the colostomy bag?  I have a close friend who has been to the ER three times within four weeks because of bleeding.  The doctors cannot say why it happens. What do you suggest we do to find out the reason?  Thank you.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hi there if there is alot of blood i would say on its not normal .... is your bag cut to fit around your stoma if not you can sometimes get abit of blood from around your stoma which then finds its way in to your bag and ive known my stoma to bleed a little if im a bit rough when i clean it .......  have you eaten any foods ie tomatoes of peppers even chillies sometimes the undigested skins can look like blood at a quick glance ... hope ur sorted soon and kep on at the docs if your not happy good luck.
Blank
3058253_tn?1340484634
Is normal blood to come from my stoma?
Blank
did anyone ever answer you? my mother in law was in the ER last night with blood coming out of her stoma. the doctors think it is from pressure and abrasion from her pants wasteband. I am not so sure...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...