COLOSTOMY REVERSAL
I HAD A REVERSAL ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO, BUT I STILL HAVE TO KEEP RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM, QUITE OFTEN. SOME DAYS ARE  BETTER THEN OTHERS.ALSO HAVE A LOT OF GAS AND PRESSURE ALL THE TIME. I KNOW I CANT EAT FRESH BREAD AND SPICY FOOD. BUT EVEN WHEN I WATCH WHAT I EAT, I STILL GET THESE BOUTS.
CAN YOU RECOMMEND AND TELL ME WHAT  I SHOULDNT EAT, OR WHATEVER I COULD DO TO GET RID OF ALL THESE PROBLEMS.
HOPEFULLY THERE IS SOMEONE THAT HAS A ANSWER.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I WOULD BE GRATEFUL.
You might want to try eliminating dairy and gluten from your diet and see if that makes you feel better and if so then try adding back one of them to see if it is the culprit.   Avoid caffiene, artificial sweeteners, and sugar.  Eliminate fiber rich foods (whole grains, raw fruits and vegetables, cooked broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage, beans, nuts and legumes) and add oats, smooth apple sauce and rice to your diet.  Once you get things under control gradually add back the fiber foods so your body gets used to them.  Don't be afraid to use Immodium and Gas X to help with your symptoms.   Good luck.
My husband had an ileostomy and the reversal (take down) a year ago. We had a really hard time finding info on the net about what to expect from going to the bathroom to eating, recovery time, etc.....When it was over, we decided to help others by making a website and documenting his experience, recovery, and what to expect, and some good tips as well. He had to run to the bathroom too. It may help answer some of your questions if you want to take a look. It is at www.freewebs.com/ileostomyreversalsurgery