Colostomy
I had a colostomy Feb 12, 2007 and then it obstructed in Sept 2008 I had surgery  ever since I had my surgery my stoma is always red, swollen and painful, is this normal? I also have pain above an around my stoma with severe abdominal distention is this normal?  Also can I use a AB Lounge to loose belly fat? what kind of exercises can I do?

***@****
usually within 6 weeks any swelling at the stoma site is gone..a stoma is always supposed to be red,,but not reddened on te skin around it... a red stoma means there is a good  blood supply but it should not be painful as there r no nerve endings in the stoma that would cause pain...the skin around the stoma may cause pain if there is leakage on the skin due to a poor fitting appliance but that is more normal with a ileostomy vs a colstony...what side is ur stoma on///the right or the left?