Ostomy Community
Conduit Urostomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Conduit Urostomy

Hello :)
I have 2 stomas, an Ileostomy 22 years and a Urostomy 2 years.
I was taken ill with what I thought was flu, got worse and was eventually rushed into hospital into HDU as it was found I had Urea Sepsis, I was very poorly and told one hour later I would not have made it...
I have recovered and pleased too, but I learned the other day that it was caused do to the conduit most likely tilting backwards, causing a severe infection.
I am due for some tests now which I am waiting for, but I was told that there is a possibilty that the conduit may have to come out.I have only my right kidney, what I would like to know is, if they don't use a conduit, how do that do the operation, using what?...
I know I should have asked at the time, but I got scared to ask, now I am puzzled and would like to know if anyone here does know what would be used.
Thankyou for reading..
Marcella.