Ostomy Community
Does anyone ever talk on this forum???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Does anyone ever talk on this forum???

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who reads this forum??? It hasn't moved in a long time so I'm just wondering...

Thank you
Carol
I just found this forum. I had colon resection and am wearing a bag for 3 months while it heals. I just hope when they do the surgery to get rid of the bag everything works like it is suppose too
sue
sue
I am an ostomy nurse and just answered a question via private message for someone with a colostomy problem.  I used to check in frequently but as you say, not may comments and it would seem it would be an active forum.  Many have ostomies, most temporary these days, but I would imagine there are lots of folks who could share their knowledge.
I am glad you are having your ostomy reversed.  The 3 month time window is for those who are healthy and who stay healthy as it is another major surgery to have it reversed and they will not do it until you are fully recovered.  Water intake, good nutrition and vitamins if needed will help you be strong enough to do the surgery in 3 months.  Age also has lots to do with it as the younger a person is, the quicker they heal as a rule