Ostomy Community
Fresh stool in rectum after 9 mos. post operative for colostomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fresh stool in rectum after 9 mos. post operative for colostomy

8097191?1341013000
Saw a colon rectal surgeon for second opinion on tailbone pain and rectal discomfort. After rectal exam he suctioned out fresh stool from the rectum and couldn't believe what he was seeing after having had a colostomy almost 10 months ago for a ruptured abcess (abscess)/peritonitis/diverticulitis. There is still stool coming into the pouch but it varies in the amount from day to day. Some days there's barely anything and others where it pushes the bag off. I feel pressure in the rectal area which is very uncomfortable. I spent 51 days in the hospital after the colostomy as I was in constant rectal pain which could never be explained. Back in March my gastro dr. did a sigmoidoscopy in his office. A day after this procedure I had internal hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) appear everywhere and did sitz baths for a week. Right after the hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) cleared up I developed horrible tailbone pain. I am presently experiencing some abdominal discomfort as well.  I am a relatively healthy 72 year old female and just need to know how serious this could be. I really don't feel I could endure surgery again after what I went through. I had 4 c-sections in my younger years and 4 natural births. Total of 8 children. Please if anyone out there can help eleviate my stress it would be greatly appreciated.  Trying to schedule an MRI Lumbar Spine Pelvic  & MRI Pelvis but scheduling dept. has been to busy to receive any calls for the last two day!  Go figure!!!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank