Ileo reversal
Hey, I have an Ile...had it for a year..getting a reversal(take down) the first week of  December. Can't wait to have this done..Has anyone had this done and ho are you now?
I had my takedown surgery in January 2005.  Like you I could hardly wait.  It was pretty routine, a little more painful than I expected but I healed nicely.  For the first week or so I could not get more than a few steps from a toilet.  Don't be alarmed - for a little while you will have only a couple of seconds warning of an oncoming bowel movement, but that sorts itself out in a very short time.  Well worth it to get rid of the bag!  I always sleep face down and with the bag I couldn't - it was GREAT to get a good night's sleep again.  Its a bit inconvenient for a little while but you are going to love it.  Good luck.

jd
I'm sorry my question was for you can you help me out with this?
I was 15 when my ileal ostomy was reversed, I had it for 3 months, (correction- my mother told me on the phone it was 2 months).  TIP:  You may have to work on exercising your sphincter muscle several times a day for a while.  I'm sure you know this, your doc has prob. told you.
It has been 30 years now, due to my sphincter muscle in the rectum having only 30% of it's strength left it seems like it is starting to fail, I have frequent accidents some without notice.  But hey, like I said it's been 30 years since my surgeries were done. There have been lots of good days and probably more good than bad when I look back.  I don't regret having my ostomy reversed, I was given a chance to not feel disfigured when I was in high school and my 20's and 30's.  I hope all goes well for you and that you get through the adjustments of the change in a hurry.
~Good Luck and Take Care~