Aa
A
A
Close
972145 tn?1247878374
Ileostomy reversal
I'm 45yo and had a total colectomy due to stage 2 colon cancer, i have genetic HNPCC, My rectum is intact and i have had an ileostomy for the last 11 months, i am booked in to have my ileostomy reversed with a J pouch in about 2 months time. ... [More]
I'm nervous about the surgery as the first operation i had there was leakage at the join and i spent 2 months in hospital with many many complications, Things are good at the moment and im managing with my stoma nicely, How much better off will i be with a J Pouch?????
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
401095 tn?1351395370
many do well with the reversal....u can expect frequent loose stools....and i is normal...some people's bowel adjusts well...and the frequency gets more like 3-4 times a day..but for some it can remain at close to ten bowel movements a day,,,there r lots of ways to deal with it and i have never seen anyone opt to go back and have the bag again..if that tells u anything.....and this surgery will not be as severe as ur other cos at this point u r in better health//much stronger...good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources