Ostomy Community
Is a transplant possible?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Is a transplant possible?

I have had a Urostomy since I was three years of age. Since then I have had to have my Urostomy replaced 3 x do to the stoma coming to the end of it's usage...and now I am having celluitis right beneath the Urostomy bag which is extrememly painful. I was told that the chances of my Urostomy being replaced again were small as you only have so much colon to make the Urostomy. Is there such a thing as a colon transplant? I have two healthy sons in their 20's and a brother in his late 40's and another brother in his early 40's. We have been talking about the possibility of the Urostomy needing to be replaced and if either family member is complatiable..is transplanting a portion of the colon possible?
Trudy