Ostomy Community
New Reversal Procedures?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

New Reversal Procedures?

My surgeon says I cannot have an ileostomy reversal because of my history with leaking and complications. I understand this.  I have read that the U.S. is behind some other countries with procedures to stop leaks.

I am wondering if anyone has heard of surgeons in other countries with advanced procedures that might make this reversal possible?
Thank you in advance!
Tags: heart valve leaks, tubal reversal, Dor Procedures
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Has your surgeon mentioned having an internal pouch made?   Dr Zane Cohen in Toronto Canada is a leader in making an internal pouch therefore reversing the ileosotmy.  
Blank
Thank you for your answer.  I recommended it to my surgeon and he was reluctant to do it because of my history of leaking.  If I could find someone who could stop those leaks or prevent them, I'd be home free. I still may contact the surgeon you recommended, however. Thanks again!

Donna
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank