Sex after Ileostomy reversal
Can one resume normal sexual relations after an Ileostomy reversal?  I had my reversal in january this year and because of the frequency and lack of warning when going to empty ones bowels I am too scared to even try incase of an accident.  Can anyone give me any advice or share their experiences with me so that at least I know what to expect?

Thank you.

NixieY
Until you feel more in control you might want to try planning ahead and taking Immodium an hour or two before.  Practice your kegels and you'll be back to normal soon.
Hi Trudie,

Am I being stupid but are Kegels pelvic-floor muscles????

Thank you for replying to my question.  Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I just want to feel normal again and need to know my limitations.  It is so hard to find out anything about Ileostomy reversals and the after effects as it differs from Docter to Doctor :(.  
Yes, Kegels are pelvic floor muscles.  Good luck!
My husband had the ileostomy and reversal about a year ago. We had our first sexual "encounter" about 3 months after the reversal. He was a bit worried too, as he had the same problems with the bowels. Guess what.....it never happened and everything went smoothly. We took it easy and slow for months and months. You just have to take those chances, but if you are uncomfortable still with it, just wait till you feel ready. If you have a wonderful loving partner, then they'll wait as well, and will work around it and go with it when you feel up to it. If they don't, then "kick em out". :=]