colostomy restriction
I had a colostomy about 2 years ago. I havnt had any problems until recently. I have been having alot of pain about 2-3 inches inside of stoma. I checked and on the inside it feels like a tight ring around my intestine and the stool is getting caught behind it and just before having a bowel movement I get very bad pain until it passes that area. I wanted to know if there is anything I can do for this at home? I am scared to death to have anymore surgery so I am hoping for a way to fix it on my own. Is this a common problem for colostomys or no?
Perhaps you need to clarify the issue because it would be difficult to determine that the problem is 2 inches inside the stoma. You may have some type of blockage from a high fiber food you may have eaten. If you experience pain and the stool is dry and comes out like a rope you may want to drink coconut water or try aloe vera juice. Another recommendation is supergreen foods like chorella which you can get in powder or pill form. I am in the process of developing a website just for us ostomy patients because there is not much quality education for us. Most of the information is very general and does not provide real solutions. Please reach out to me anytime.
Debra