Aa
A
A
Close
constant leakage
please please someone help! I am 42 years old, I have spina bifida and when I was 7 I had to have a Urostomy, Things have been such a nightmare for me this last year, as the people who made the bag I was using decided "by request from several patients " to redesign, well, THIS patient aint happy!

I have seen my stoma nurse god knows how many times, and bless her, she is really good, but nothing seems to work, I had been using Hollister 1434 previously, sorry if you are all clueless as to the product number , haha.

Now she has put me on Dansac Convex, and I dont know if im not washing the skin properly or what but like i said, nothing works for me, It would be good to hear of how everyone else looks after their skin, as plain water just isnt working !!! :(
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
try using a mixture of water and plain brown vinegar. It acts as an antiseptic and seems to take the residue off better than plain water.
Cindy
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Sorry to hear about your leakage :(. I have a hernia underneath my stoma so sometimes find it difficult to stick the bag down properly without any leaks, however, cleaning the site, i use the wet wipes that come with my order and then dry wipe it with one of those gauze cloth things, i try not to take off all the sticky ness as it doesnt harm my skin, plus i want it for extra protection when i put the next bag on. There are sticky pads you can get to stick around the outside of your bag to add extra security against leaks. :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank