Ostomy Community
constant leakage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

constant leakage

please please someone help! I am 42 years old, I have spina bifida and when I was 7 I had to have a Urostomy, Things have been such a nightmare for me this last year, as the people who made the bag I was using decided "by request from several patients " to redesign, well, THIS patient aint happy!

I have seen my stoma nurse god knows how many times, and bless her, she is really good, but nothing seems to work, I had been using Hollister 1434 previously, sorry if you are all clueless as to the product number , haha.

Now she has put me on Dansac Convex, and I dont know if im not washing the skin properly or what but like i said, nothing works for me, It would be good to hear of how everyone else looks after their skin, as plain water just isnt working !!! :(
try using a mixture of water and plain brown vinegar. It acts as an antiseptic and seems to take the residue off better than plain water.
Cindy
Sorry to hear about your leakage :(. I have a hernia underneath my stoma so sometimes find it difficult to stick the bag down properly without any leaks, however, cleaning the site, i use the wet wipes that come with my order and then dry wipe it with one of those gauze cloth things, i try not to take off all the sticky ness as it doesnt harm my skin, plus i want it for extra protection when i put the next bag on. There are sticky pads you can get to stick around the outside of your bag to add extra security against leaks. :)