constant leakage
please please someone help! I am 42 years old, I have spina bifida and when I was 7 I had to have a Urostomy, Things have been such a nightmare for me this last year, as the people who made the bag I was using decided "by request from several patients " to redesign, well, THIS patient aint happy!

I have seen my stoma nurse god knows how many times, and bless her, she is really good, but nothing seems to work, I had been using Hollister 1434 previously, sorry if you are all clueless as to the product number , haha.

Now she has put me on Dansac Convex, and I dont know if im not washing the skin properly or what but like i said, nothing works for me, It would be good to hear of how everyone else looks after their skin, as plain water just isnt working !!! :(
try using a mixture of water and plain brown vinegar. It acts as an antiseptic and seems to take the residue off better than plain water.
Cindy
Sorry to hear about your leakage :(. I have a hernia underneath my stoma so sometimes find it difficult to stick the bag down properly without any leaks, however, cleaning the site, i use the wet wipes that come with my order and then dry wipe it with one of those gauze cloth things, i try not to take off all the sticky ness as it doesnt harm my skin, plus i want it for extra protection when i put the next bag on. There are sticky pads you can get to stick around the outside of your bag to add extra security against leaks. :)