Ostomy Community
constipation after sigmoid resection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

constipation after sigmoid resection

To sue357, sorry I lost my msg and can't find it!  I think I am finally in the right group.I had a sigmoid resection almost 1year ago and since the operation I have not been able to have a regular bowel movement on my own.as embarrassing and humiliating this is, I must digitally remove poop daily. I take laxatives, but it will not come out on its own.this happened about 1week after surgery and has been my life since then.it is taken a tremendous psychological toll on me .I do believe their was a surgical mishap during the procedure.is their anyone out there who has encountered this problem and has any solutions or advice would be greatly appreciated.I keep getting told I have constipation and difficult rectal emptying.is there a surgery that can fix this problem? I fear having a bag, but it would almost be a relief as I can't live like this much longer!i have an appointment out of state in August and it can't come soon enough! Any assistance would be helpful to me.also, how did you cope from day to day?thank you for listening and caring. May God bless each of us on here reaching out to our fellow friends in a moment of need. Be well. Thank you!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank