Ostomy Community
i need help now
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

i need help now

My bags wont stick to my skin because its burns really bad to the point where the skin around the stoma is weeping therefore not allowing it to stick please help. I dont know what to do
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
It sounds like you are having contact dermatitis reaction from the adhesive, adhesive remover, or some component of the bag.  Here is an article.  People in the study had it clear up when the particular allergen was figured out.  

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/723146_3
Blank
ask your doctor to presicribe for you a tropical powder called NYSTOP. this powder will help clear up your problem,. apply it on everytime you change. this has helped my mother tremendously for the last 17 yrs now.
Blank
I have had my ileostomy since 1979 and have had this problem a few times.  If you are able, when your stoma is "quiet", shine a bare light bulb (not an energy efficient one) on the bare skin around the stoma.  Believe it or not, your skin will dry up and you should be able to put the bag back on with no problems.  Be sure to use a good skin barrier.

You may also be allergic to tape, so if you don't use a flange and bag system, you may want to check that out as well.
Blank
Have an Ostomy question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979